Saturday, August 22, 2009

Confessions of a damaged mind.

In honor of my birthday I've decided to start a new blog. This blog won't be happy or upbeat but it will be honest. There are many dark places in my soul that I feel like I want to drag into the light. I want to burn them into dust and ashes like the body of some evil, bloodsucking vampire that has been sucking me dry for years of my life.


I don't think that I'm unique or special in anyway, in fact in my neighborhood there were four other children that were living lives very similar to mine. I was being raised by my grandmother because my mother was crazy and an alcoholic. And yet she still lived in the house with us. There was so much violence and insanity in our lives and yet we survived and at least two of us turned out relavitivity normal. The other two became just like their mothers and self-destructed. And one I lost track of over the years.
I'm not sure if it's better to let memories lie dormat or just confront them. I know several times a day a memory will surface and I'll slam the door on it but this blog is about throwing that door open, for a little while at least, and letting the demons run free.
I'm not sure even which memories are real and which are things that were told to me over and over until I believe I remember them. I don't suppose it makes a difference, the pain is real either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment